Hymns Ancient & Modern (trading as Church House Bookshop) is committed to protecting your privacy and the overall integrity of the Internet. To that end, we are disclosing here any issues related to privacy in the collection by ourselves of personally identifiable information from users of chbookshop.co.uk.
This Policy has been developed to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and follows good practice guidelines from the Direct Marketing Association. It is updated, without notification, following advice published from time to time by the Information Commissioner. We are not responsible for the content or the privacy policies of Web sites to which chbookshop.co.uk may link.
- Information you provide to Hymns Ancient & Modern (trading as Church House Bookshop) is not provided or sold to any third parties.
- Information you provide on the website is used only for the purpose of tracking & processing your order, replying to your enquiry or sending our email newsletters.
- Our email newsletters always include a simple unsubscribe mechanism.
Controllers of personal information
Any personal information provided or to be gathered by Church House Bookshop is controlled primarily by Hymns Ancient & Modern, 3rd Floor Invicta House, 108-114 Golden Lane, London, EC1Y 0TG, United Kingdom.
What information do we collect?
- We collect information via our billing & delivery pages and our enquiry forms.
- We require customers to provide us with a name, organisation name, billing address and email address. Your telephone number and a secondary delivery name & address may also be provided but this is not mandatory. We also record the details of your order but please note that your credit card details are not recorded.
- If you enter a contest or other promotional feature, we may ask for your name, address and e-mail address so we can administer the contest and notify winners.
- Cookies are also used in the order process: A session-based cookie is used for the basket products which is deleted when you close your browser. A further cookie is used if you tick the "remember me on this computer" box. This stores your username and password on your own computer allowing you to log straight in.
What do we do with the information collected?
- The information we collect allows us to process your order and send it to you. It also provides us with your contact details, should there be a problem with the order and we need to contact you.
- We may perform statistical analyses of enquiries submitted via the website. This information is not disclosed to any third parties.
- In addition, if you choose to receive our email newsletters or if you send us an enquiry, your information will be held in order to respond to you. Our email newsletter always includes a simple unsubscribe mechanism.
Do we share the information we collect?
- Hymns Ancient & Modern (trading as Church House Bookshop) does not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others. Church House Bookshop does not provide aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns and related site information to third-party vendors.
- We will provide subscribers with a summary of all personal information that we process on them upon request. We will charge £10 for such requests. To make such a request, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the email address that you registered with along with your name. Personal information will be provided within 28 days.
What about "cookies"?
A cookie is a small file created by a website and then stored on your computer. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can control if and when you allow cookies to be stored on your machine, and can view or delete any cookies stored.
- Cookies make it possible for us to better collect statistical information on visitors to our site, and in particular identify repeat visitors. This statistical information informs our content development and marketing of the site.
- Cookies stored on your computer also create a temporary record of the products in your basket before you place your order. These cookies expire when you shut down your web browser at the end of the session.
- The cookies we create contain no personal details, only a unique identifying code that allows our system to identify repeat visitors to our system. We store this identifying cookie in addition to your computer or network's IP address; the date and time you visited; the page you visited and if available the previous site or page that linked you to this page (for example a search engine).
- We cannot identify other websites you visit or what pages on those sites you visit other than that mentioned above. We cannot read personal information from your computer, or read information created in cookies from other websites. We cannot identify who each website visitor is, or gain any private information on each visitor.
How do we protect and store your information?
As required by the UK Data Protection Legislation, we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we are able to disclose sensitive information to you.
Information is stored securely on the servers of our web development partner, Impreza (www.imprezadev.co.uk). Their servers are protected by a central firewall and back-up firewall which monitor activity and hostile attacks. Their premises are monitored by CCTV and a monitored alarm which is linked directly to the Police.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We use the information we collect on the site to enhance your overall customer experience of Church House Bookshop. We do not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others.